Twilio helps you link your CRM system to productivity enhancing voice and SMS communications apps. Epicom has used the Twilio web-service API to integrate communication functionality into SugarCRM and the result is some cool productivity enhancing tools you’ll want to check out.
How It Works
Twilio is a web-service API that lets you use your existing web languages and skills to build voice and SMS applications. We focus on building a simple, powerful, pay-as-you-go communications platform so that you can focus on what you do best.
- Simple – A RESTful API and 5 XML verbs let you build nearly anything
- Powerful – Ready to scale when you are
- Pay as you go – Self-service, pay as you go. No contracts, no shenanigans.
How People Use Twilio Voice
- Automate Workflows with Twilio voice by triggering automated phone calls as part of your existing business processes or dynamically routing calls based on CRM data. Increase efficiency of employees by removing unnecessary steps.
- Tracking for Lead Generation can help your business generate and track leads. Purchase a Twilio phone number for each lead source you want to track, and your app can decide how to direct callers and gather metrics.
- Simple Conference Calling. Bridge users together and optionally elect one of them as the moderator, who starts the conference when they enter, and ends the conference room when he hangs up. All in three lines of code.
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR). Build your own IVR system using Twilio’s text-to-speech (TTS), audio playback, audio recording, and gathering keypad digits (DTMF), you can build an industrial-strength IVR system in minutes, not months.
- Build A Call Center. Twilio Voice comes out-of-the-box with all the features you need to build a call center. Call bridging, conferencing, audio playback, audio recording, and transcription are all a few lines of code away
- Build A Company Phone (PBX) with Twilio voice without the hassle and headache of buying ports, buying dumb minutes, and buying big clunky hardware. All you need is the Twilio API, Twilio’s smart voice minutes, and your existing development talent and creativity.
How People Use Twilio SMS
- Customer notifications. Automatically send an SMS notification to users when an action occurs in your app’s business logic. See how Media Temple and Ebay use Twilio SMS for notifications
- Group messaging. With Twilio SMS it’s easy as pie. With instant phone number provisioning your app can buy and assign phone numbers and send & receive SMS messages to groups of users
- Multi-factor authentication. Make your users’ web authentication more secure by adding a second factor SMS. See how Intuit secures user’s sensitive personal data with Twilio SMS
- Interactive polling. Quickly ask your users questions and get responses in realtime over Twilio SMS. See how Salesforce powers interactive feedback at conferences